 Star Wars / 10571
Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 07:48:15 GMT

Yeah, yeah, yeah the X-Wing is supposed to be white...who gives a f#$%!  You
know why it looks so good in grey?  Because, as someone else mentioned, the
X-Wings were dirty and battle worn.  So what do you get when you build a
white (official) X-Wing?  A SQUEAKY CLEAN T-65...NOT VERY AUTHENTIC!  I am
in agreement that TLG did a great job with the UCS X-Wing, but why couldn't
they make a new color...light LIGHT grey!  Hell - they made Maersk blue, the
funky new "money" green and all those flowery colors for the barbie Lego
line.  They could have molded the Imperial Shuttle and many other sets in
double light grey to bridge the gap between "super-pure white" and "hmm, a
bit too dark grey."

darn it!

-Matt

.