 Star Wars / 10531
Re: Imperial Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:37:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matt Sekerak writes:
Hey Joe.  I saw your shuttle modifications in Brickshelf, I noticed that you
also placed the two grey 1X2 grill tiles on a different spot on the wing.  I
did something similar which allows the "wings" to fold up more accurately,
i.e., closer to the vertical wing.  Small adjustments like these make the
set much more enjoyable.  I'm wondering why the instructions tell us to put
the grill tiles on the inboard side of the wing root, blocking the wings
from folding up all the way.  Just thought I'd contribute, haven't posted
much lately.  Talk to everyone later.

-Matt
.

Actually the wings were originally supposed to be vertical at landing, not
pointed in towards the vertical wing.  In Return of the Jedi, where the
shuttles first appeared, the wings were vertical when the shuttle was
"parked."  I'm not sure where the angled-in wings first appeared, but I do
remember seeing them in ESB Special Edition and wondering why they were
pointed in.  Since ESBSE wasn't released until about 14 years after the
original ROTJ, the ROTJ version was shown first.

However, since both ways appear in the movies, either way would be canonical.

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus