 Star Wars / 10552
Re: Melted Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:30:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Cory Gallaher writes:
I just got my UCS X-wing in the mail today, and it is the 4th set I have
gotten in a row with melted pieces. Am I the only one that this is happening
to? When I was younger I got quite a few sets and I don't remember any
coming with melted pieces. I am going to call Lego now and have it replaced,
just very frustrating on that expensive of a set that it would happen.

Hunh.  I've never had a melted piece, out of hundreds over the last few
years.  I've never had a missing piece, either (that wasn't obviously
in-store theft).

I have had a very few mis-printed elements, but certainly not more than 10
(and I don't think even 5).

James

What about the "common" minifigure head-print smudge on those that are
printed using more than one color?  If we start talking about them, then
I'll have to make a spreadsheet, mostly covering the Adventurer sets.
P.S.  In the last few years any 1x1 plate, gear shift, helmet visor and
flower parts are almost ALWAYS duplicated in each set.  Either they fall so
close to the weight tolerance for machine distribution or LEGO just knows
that kids are likely to lose those little parts.
Best,
Aaron