 Star Wars / 10540
Re: Melted Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:49:09 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Cory Gallaher writes:
I just got my UCS X-wing in the mail today, and it is the 4th set I have
gotten in a row with melted pieces. Am I the only one that this is happening
to? When I was younger I got quite a few sets and I don't remember any
coming with melted pieces. I am going to call Lego now and have it replaced,
just very frustrating on that expensive of a set that it would happen.

--

Cory,
"Whether they ever find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be

I too have had the odd "melted" piece in my more recent kits... I suspect
most of us have.  However I have not had nearly the frequency you seem to be
observing.  I've only had two melted (malformed) pieces in the last 20-30
kits I've bought and frankly its not worth my time to get Lego to replace them.

Perhaps I should... if only to help identify this as a potential quality issue.

- Jeff