 Star Wars / 10525
10524  |  10526
Subject:
UCS TIE - finally built it, not quite happy :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:00:47 GMT

I finally got the TIE UCS last week and last night spent 2 hours putting it
together. Aside from the annoying habit of the wing sections coming away
from the wing brace whenever my 1 year old daughter decided to make a grab
for it there is one glaring issue - the shape of the dagger parts of the
wing. TLC seem to have gone for a longer outer horizontal edge which gives
the impression of elongated wings compared to the pictures in the Essential
Guide and to photos and schematics of the TIE Interceptor I've seen
(including those on the Behind the Magic CD). When I get time I think I
might try and shorten the sloped wing parts to bring the start of the slope
back towards the wing brace position so it looks more like the pictures I
already have.

Luckily there are loads of black wings so I can try out some mods to the TIE
Fighter to build a minifig scale Interceptor and then buy the parts later.
If I get chance to LDraw my MOC I'll post the pics and dat. I'll also try
and post pics of the modified UCS TIE, although I don't have a camera at the
moment (but my colleague here at work has a stunning Sony digital camcorder
I could use). Hopefully I'll have something to show next week, I've just
started building the UCS X-Wing ... now I need a bigger house to put the
models in, they're way too big for any of my shelves :)

Dan