 Star Wars / 10529
Re: I want everyone's opinion.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:25:33 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Robbie Anderson writes:
What figure would you use with your models more: Scout Trooper(biker scout)
or the Stormtrooper? I need an opinion from everyone possible. I'm wanting
to know what everyone else would think about one of these on patrol at an
Imperial bunker (working on it).  Please post your answer and why, or E-mail
me it at: B50twice@aol.com. Whoever does, thanks!

I would have to agree with just about everyone else... Stormtroopers.  Scout
Troopers are just that, scouts.  They watch for attacks and scout areas for
enemies.  They are lightly armored and armed, and are meant to be highly
mobile to avoid detection and attack.

Stormtroopers on the other hand are meant to act as soldiers and/or guards.
They are heavily armed and are expected to attack or defend depending on the
situation.  Therefore Stormtroopers are the logical choice for defending an
Imperial bunker.

Of course, this all depends on what you mean by "patrol."  If you're talking
about a group that stays fairly close to the as a primary means of defense,
then go with Stormtroopers.  If you're talking about a group that goes a
good ways out from the bunker to simply watch for attack and warn the bunker
that attack is imminent then go with the Scout Troopers.

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus

ps: Here's some direct quotes from www.starwars.com:

On Scout Troopers (Biker Scouts):
"Each scout is ordered to make continuous sensor scans and report in every 30
minutes. In the event of contact with an intruder, each scout is under orders
to avoid conflict. They are required to get clear of the area so that a
complete report can be made, even if this means abandoning a partner."

On Stormtroopers:
"Encased in hardened white plastoid armor, these Imperial shock troops
neutralize resistance to the New Order and are totally loyal to the Emperor
even in the face of certain death. Used as first-strike forces, they cannot
be bribed or blackmailed. Stormtroopers live in a totally-disciplined
environment and are militaristic to the core."