 Technic / 3735
Re: Just got 8007/C3PO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:19:26 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.technic, Thomas D. Fulk, Jr. writes:

    Overall the set looks very nice on display, and if I could just
keep the stickers on the feet I would be pretty satisfied.

I have to disagree with this part.  If I had made this ghastly thing as an
MOC I'd've been ashamed to post pictures of it.  Looking at it on my desk I
can only believe that it's C3PO by closing both eyes and imagining it.  I
know it's been said before, but how did this make it past the TLC review
board?  Is there such a thing, or do they just grab 300+ parts at random and
say "oh, they'll buy it." The legs don't even move, for pity's sake!

Ahh...but it's good for parts.  Maybe it's just me...I didn't even
bother putting together the main model, but the stuff inside called out to
be used.  I've got the beginnings of a nice mecha using the ball joints
(duh) and some of those snazzy gold parts, and I just bought a second one
to get more of the joints and such (my Technic supplies are fairly
limited).