 Technic / 3752
Re: Just got 8007/C3PO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:25:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dave Low writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
    Overall the set looks very nice on display, and if I could just
keep the stickers on the feet I would be pretty satisfied.

I have to disagree with this part.  If I had made this ghastly thing as an
MOC I'd've been ashamed to post pictures of it.  Looking at it on my desk I
can only believe that it's C3PO by closing both eyes and imagining it.  I
know it's been said before, but how did this make it past the TLC review
board?  Is there such a thing, or do they just grab 300+ parts at random and
say "oh, they'll buy it." The legs don't even move, for pity's sake!
I've never been fond of the skeletal/framework design featured in some of
the more popular Technic vehicle sets, for instance, but at least in those
cases the shape of the vehicle is evoked effectively.

Have you seen the prototype?
http://www.disturbingauctions.com/view.pl?item=14

  I thought that was the Stormtrooper prototype.

     Dave!