 Star Wars / 10509
10508  |  10510
Subject:
8007, 8008 sighting, COS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:36:44 GMT

Last night I hit a Walmart here in Colorado Springs, CO hoping to find the
AT-ST or another TIE or Battle Droid Carrier and I noticed something was
odd...  Their Lego aisle was full of baby toys!  How could this be?  Did
Walmart decide to stop stocking Legos?  After a few seconds of hysteria I
calmed myself down and started searching for where Legos.  They had moved
all of the Legos down a couple of aisles, but it looked as though they
hadn't restocked since before Christmas.  My eyes immediately danced to the
Technic C-3PO and the Technic Stormtrooper sitting up on the top shelf.
They were the only 2001 sets Walmart had, they didn't even have any LOM or
Studios...

So I grabbed the Technic Stormtrooper and contemplated buying it.  In fact I
carried it around the store with me for about 20 minutes, but I finally
decided that it was probably more important to pay bills.  The recent "3PO
in an ST" box problem also kept me from buying it.  While it would
definately be a cool collectors item that will probably be worth lots of
money in a few years, that would require it to remain unopened, which would
also mean there's no real way to verify the contents.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention the sets are available here, which pretty
much means they should be everywhere (in the states that is.)

-Bryan
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus