 Robotics / RCX / *8955 (-100)
  Re: bad motor output because of lego firmware?!

(...) That's right. I simply didn't expect any problems with NQC + Lepomux because I assumed that any RCX-OS has the ability to directly control the motor output. If I had used NQC a little bit more, I surely would've noticed that strange output (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SetUserDisplay?

(...) correct. Kevin (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SetUserDisplay?

(...) Thanks Dave. I didn't notice the RCX2 option in Bricxcc, works great now! Just to clarify, the only difference between RCX 1 & 2 (from the compile target POV) is the firmware it's running? ROSCO (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SetUserDisplay?

(...) My guess is that NQC hasn't been told to target the 2.0 api, so it is defaulting to 1.0 which does not have SetUserDisplay(). See (URL) for a more detailed explanation. Dave (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  SetUserDisplay?

I can't seem to get SetUserDisplay to compile. When I compile my program, it gets "Error: undefined function 'SetUserDisplay'". I thought it might be the version of NQC (3.0a1) so I downloaded 2.5r3, but same error. Seems strange because (...) (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

(...) See that is what makes Lugnet such a great resource! I finally decided to try out Bricxcc/NQC (after using BrickOS on Linux) and it worked fine when I was just downloading short "Hello World" programs, but I pretty soon ran into this problem (...) (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Can't make dllx - anyone else had this problem?

Ok, thanks for that. I've got it compiling now - I didn't realise liblnp had to be compiled before dllx! (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Can't make dllx - anyone else had this problem?

(...) The linker is looking for the file liblnp.dll (Not 100% sure of the extension might be .a or .so). The -L arguments specifies a place to look for libraries and is probably where liblnp.dll is expected. Check this directory for the file. I have (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Can't make dllx - anyone else had this problem?

I am trying to make all the LNP stuff at the moment. Having followed the instructions for installing dllx according to the readme on the legos.sourceforge.net website, I have come to the part where I type: make depend make in the dllx directory. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bad motor output because of lego firmware?!

(...) I suspect part of this delay is inherant to the firmware, and won't be "patchable" In any case, if you want your extender to be something you can market to most users, it should work with the standard firmware, without modification. Just my (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: bad motor output because of bad lego firmware?!

(...) The firmware (at least version 0328) intentionally prevents you going directly from forward to reverse (or vice versa). I guess the designers felt this would be too rough on the motors. Try inserting a Wait(50) in your first loop. It'll work (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  bad motor output because of bad lego firmware?!

Hi there, I've spent the last two days trying to write a function in NQC that transfers data to the Lepomux I/O-extender. The data transfer is normally done by connecting the Lepomux to one of the motor ports. Each transition from one motor state to (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Help installing brickOS

(...) Sure. The configure script tries to find the gcc cross compiler toolchain for the brick's hitachi processor. This chain is needed to compile brickOS to a program that can be run by the RCX. But it seems that you did not install the tool chain. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help installing brickOS

(...) I believe that I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago, but I found that using a pre-built package takes a lot of the hassle out of installing BrickOS. The pre-built packages can be found at: (URL) hope this helps, Timothy (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Help installing brickOS

I'm trying to install brickOS 0.2.6.10.6 on WIN NT. After unning "configure" it's busy for along time, and terminates with the message -"No Hitachi gcc compiler found. Please install compiler and try again." Any suggestions? Thanks, Jordon (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Piggybacking sensors, but in a different way

(...) While you may be able to connect a touch sensor (passive) to two RCXs, I doubt that would work with a light sensor (any active sensor). Mainly, because one of them must be set to power the sensor. Normally, when the sensor is read by an RCX, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Piggybacking sensors, but in a different way

Is it possible to piggyback 1 sensor onto two rcx's? For instance, have one light sensor connected to port 1 of two different rcx's at the same time. The purpose would be for one rcx to control chassis movement, and another to control manipulator (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rotation sensor limitation

(...) The simplest answer is to try it. Yes the limit that an RCX 16 bit integer can hold is 32767. From there things go to -32768 down to zero I think. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Robolab/RCX program code size and limits.

Hi, I'm using Robolab 2.5.3 and RCS firmware revision 03.01 03.28. I have a couple of questions: - I want to demonstrate the difference in code size between a program written using subroutines versus a program written using subVi's. How do I (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Rotation sensor limitation

I use a rotation sensor for a brick sorting machine – hence I need to know the limitation of the rotation sensor. What happens when the rotation sensor exceeds 9999 as shown on the LCD display? Apparently the rotation sensor can still keep track of (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

(...) However I would definitely recommend 10-12V AC adapter - there are stories of people burning out the bridge rectifier on the RCX adapter input by prolonged use of DC adapters. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

"Jordon Hirshon" <j.hirshon@att.net> wrote in message news:I606x3.161n@lugnet.com... (...) Lego Educational: Adapter - (URL) Sensor - (URL) - (URL) Sensor - (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

(...) Rotation sensors are still readily available. You can get them from LEGO's educational division. Check lego's web site to find the name of the educational division distributor for your area. Any 9v DC adapter that fits the socket will work for (...) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Rotation Sensor

How can I track down a rotation sensor, and an AC adaptor for RCX 1.0? Jordon (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  use of single features of BrickOS

Hi, I am working for the university of Stuttgart. And like universities are, they always need to do something special. That's why my task is to use Micro C/OS-II with the Bricks. There ist just a problem: Micro C/OS-II does not contain methods to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS Installation on OS X

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has a step-by-step installation guide for installing BrickOS on Mac OS X 10.3. I recently tried but was not able to get it working properly. I did this by first installing libusb-0.1.8, binutils-2.15 and gcc-3.4.2. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help - no response from "brick"

(...) This old post may be useful to the people out there who are trying to use pbForth with BricxCC. (URL) bitmap is missing but it didn't contain any really useful information. The most important thing to remember about BricxCC and pbForth is to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: LNP: No connection between PC and RCX

Nobody, who can help me??? I wondered if it could be a problem that I used gcc 3.3 (Suse Linux 9.0) to compile everything, and made the crosscompiler with a gcc2.95 packet, because the egcs packet doesn't work. There were errors during the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP: No connection between PC and RCX

Hi, I want to send some data between my PC (Suse Linux 9.0) and the RCX-Unit (Brickos 0.2.6). I thought LNP would do the thing, and so I downloaded and installed it. When I start the LNPD daemon the LED on my Serial-IR-Tower lits up for a few (...) (20 years ago, 16-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help - no response from "brick"

(...) ---...--- Thanks for your response. It, along with Parick's posting of 9 April enabled me to get started. Jordon (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Getting started; FFT; millisecond timing

Thanks for your posting of 9 April 2004. It was very useful. Jordon (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Odd sensor, perhaps?

Okay, I've trimmed down the program to try to figure out what is wrong, I have attached the working version. The problem is, if I change the TouchSensor from S3 to S2, the program will build and download fine, but it will not do anything when run. (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help - no response from "brick"

(...) I don't know the answer, but I know a workaround: use Bricxcc's pbForth console. see (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Help - no response from "brick"

I used nqc to download pbforth.srec. (The LCD displays "4th".) There is no response from the "brick" using either HyperTerm or CRT4.1. I'm using RCX1.0. Am I missing something? Thanks, Jordon (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: help building gcc cross-compiler (long)

(...) I think the variable sys_time was replaced with the function get_system_up_time between V2.6.09 and V2.6.10 So, I suspect the patch is for V2.6.09 Just guessing. Steve (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: help building gcc cross-compiler (long)

(...) Great idea, thanks! Now I'm trying to apply Mark Riley's DCC patch to the brickos-0.2.6.10 source. When I try: patch -d ../kernel <kernel.diff I get: patching file dmotor.c patching file systime.c Hunk #6 FAILED at 332. 1 out of 6 hunks FAILED (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  Competitive MINDSTORMS Survey #1 Results Are In - And a New Survey As Well!

The Competitive MINDSTORMS Survey #1, “How Much Do YOU Know About LEGO MINDSTORMS Robotic Sumo?,” has run its allotted amount of time, and the results have been posted – check them out at the following link: www.davidjperdue.com...veyresults And a (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Lego.NET: An MSIL front-end for gcc

We are pleased to announce our first release of the LEGO.NET package, which allows to execute Microsoft IL code (as generated from C# and other languages) on the Lego Mindstorm hardware. This environment has a GCC front-end as its core, which (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: help building gcc cross-compiler (long)

(...) You must not compile the gcc by your own. Why don't you use a ready-to-run rpm? You can find all you need at: (URL) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  help building gcc cross-compiler (long)

I'm following Matthias Erhmann's excellent BrickOS Linux Installation HOWTO, and I've hit a snag. When executing the "make" command in step 2.2 to make the gcc cross-compiler, I got the error below. I commented out the first three lines of the (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Respondre el missatge: LNPd problems

(...) ... (...) ... I uncommented that and recompiled, but nothing different happened. (20 years ago, 10-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Getting started; FFT; millisecond timing

(...) Thanks, Patrick. I just took the plunge into pbForth and I was stuck. After downloading the firmware, I couldn't get Ralph's console nor Hyperterminal to give me an "OK" response. I couldn't figure out how to get to the Bricxcc pbForth (...) (20 years ago, 10-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Respondre el missatge: LNPd problems

I also had a problem with lnpd and solved it. In my case was a problem with the configuration of the serial protocol, but the simptomes seemed like yours, thats I could receive from RCX but not send. I solved it modifiing the file rcxtty.c (or (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPd problems

Can anybody help? If not I'll have to think of an alternative :s (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling problmes 2

(...) I had the same problem when going to newer binutils and gcc. Look at the patch brickos-gcc33.diff at (URL) first part of that patch changes the linker script slightly to avoid this error. (...) I think with the default linker-script the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling problmes 2

(...) Hello Jochen, hello everybody, thank you very much. Both of your hints helped a lot. As it were 271 linker-errors before your help, there are just 40 left now. Maybe someone can help me and tell me where the other references are defined and (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Bricx NQC

(...) I'm having a hard time parsing your english. I know that's not your fault, but it is making it harder to help you. The simplest way you can send a message to the RCX and have a program running on the RCX respond to that message is to use the (...) (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Motor power levels, floats and the LCD

Hi We just started using RCX and Robolab for a university course in cognitive systems. Our first lab was to navigate a maze using no sensors (internal representation only). The worst problem is inconsistent results given consistent power to the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, FTX)

  LNPd problems

I'm having problems with using LNP to transmit to the RCX. I wrote a test program both on the RCX and the PC. Whenever the PC program tries to transmit data, I get the following error: lnp_integrity_write(): Interrupted system call What does this (...) (20 years ago, 2-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Bricx NQC

I want to send a message whon is formed for three numbers corespondente the information of the program than I'll create. I received an e-mail from "bricx" whon said: "BricxCC can accept some DDE messages. It can also act as an out-of-process COM (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bricx NQC

(...) As I mentioned earlier, DDE messages are not supported by BricxCC. It would be possible to write you a simple utility that would allow you to send messages to the RCX using DDE, but it isn't something BricxCC can do today. Please respond with (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Bricx NQC

Please help me. I want to send DDE messages from another software to Bricx. This DDE messages will send messagens to RCX. Summarizing, my own software will send dde to bricx whon will send messages to RCX. I want to know which messagens i should (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: compiling problmes 2

Hi Rudolf, (...) No. Some _are_ defined in .h-files. And the register sets come via h8300.rcx to boot/brickOS.lds. Is it possible that your compiler chain treats leading underscores different. (...) That is _not_ your problem. Take care of the fact (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling problmes 2

(...) Some of the functions are inline functions, that are *defined* in the header files, e.g.cputc_hex is defined in include/conio.h. With gcc you need to compile with optimization on, so that it will inline these functions correctly. Another (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling problmes 2

Can't be that the unresolved references are from the code I want to add to BrickOS, because I also tried to compile just the BrickOS-files (without the code I want to add) and the same errors appeared. (...) I looked for some of those references and (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Test

I think my messages don't make it to the group... Test only... (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to do it

Please help me. I want to send DDE messages from another software to Bricx. This DDE messages will send messagens to RCX. Summarizing, my own software will send dde to bricx whon will send messages to RCX. I want to know which messagens i should (...) (20 years ago, 26-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Sending messages

Hi, i'm from Brazil and i don't have a good English, so if i make some mistakes sorry. I'm making a project using RCX. I need to send a message to this, but i wouldn't want to use bricx and robolab to do it. I'd like to make my own software whom (...) (20 years ago, 26-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: compiling problmes 2

(...) Could the unresolved referenced be from the code you are adding to brickOS? From the looks of it, some of the unresoveds are probably defined in a header file (all caps is a hint). Maybe they were implied in the GCC compiler, but I doubt it. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  source install brickos - stdio.h: No such file or directory

I try to install the source of brickos on debian (kernel 2.6.8) like this : ganymedes:~# apt-get -b source brickos When I do this I receive the following error. I checked if I met all the dependencies and there were no problems. make[1]: Entering (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC NQC

(...) I'm afraid you can't use DDE to make BricxCC send a message to RCX. You could write software which directly uses NQC to send messages to the RCX (since it supports the standard IR message feature in the RCX firmware. I have written a small (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Sending messages

(...) Hello Ian - You may get better help in the RCX group and not the Legoland area. I am cross-posting this to the RCX group. Here is a direct link to it also: (URL) P (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  howto apply usb patch to brickos

Hi, thanks to some responses from this forum I now know that I need to patch brickos in order to function with the usb ir tower. The problem is...I have no idea how to apply this patch. I already downloaded the patch from sourceforge.net: (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compiling problmes 2

Hi everybody, as I mentioned in my first question I am trying to use BrickOS. But I am not using the Bricx Command Center or something special for the LEGO RCX to compile it, I am using the HEW (Renases tool for the H8/300L microcontroller which is (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling problems

(...) Rudolf, I'm not the one to answer your question, but I can tell you this: You need to provide the list of unresolved references before anyone can help you. Unresolved references are typically because not all files are identified in the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compiling problems

Hello everybody, I downloaded the source files of BrickOS and tried to build them. During the compiling process there are no errors, but during the linking process over 270 errors are appearing. All errors are "undefined reference" errors, which (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  firmdl3 usb error linux

Hi, I'm running brickOS(0.2.6.10.6-1) on my debian (kernel2.6.8) using the /lib/modules/2.6.8-3...sbtower.ko driver for the usbtower(robotics inventions 2.0 - RCX2.0). Adding this driver gave me the following kernel message: Sep 22 18:51:46 (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NEW RIS

Does anyone know if LEGO is going to release a new RIS after the 2.0??? (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Understanding Event Register Container

(...) I got clarification from Tufts University: The text "Variable 0 = 0" should have read "Variable 0 = Event Register". * Variable 0 is the Red Container * = 0 is sort of a typo I believe a change from "= 0" to "Event Register" will be in the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Remote Message Buttons

(reviving an old thread...) (...) I have exactly the same problem. I receive every keys except the three message keys (see sample code below - the final target will be to use the remote to control several motors on several RCX). Any idea ? Thanks in (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Waiting for more than one event

(...) You could setup two concurrent events or do something like : Loop until 5 seconds is up If Touched, exit loop (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Waiting for more than one event

What is the best way of waiting for more than one type of event? I want to turn on a motor and run it for 5 seconds or until the tough sensor is pressed, whichever comes first. This seems like such a basic problem that I'm quite sure there must be a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Understanding Event Register Container

(...) Container defaulted to the Red Container. The actual question was raised by one of my students. He couldn't understand why Variable 0 was assigned a 0. I suspect that the 0 means "the event register". The designation is sure confusing. To (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Understanding Event Register Container

(...) Are you zeroing out the container in this step? I'm not used to reading a robolab program like this. How did you output the text? I would be interested in see the vi. Could you post it or send it to me? James (URL) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Understanding Event Register Container

Below is text output of a Robolab 2.5 program using two concurrent events. What exactly does "Variable 0 = 0" mean? It's right under the EventLand label. This line represent the default Red Container being assigned the Event Register Container. (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS

(...) I got brickos working on a windows box (no joy with either gentoo linux on a PC or winXP on Virtual PC for my Mac). I transfered the compiled demos to the windows box and tried to download them to the RCX. All it did was lock up the RCX (I had (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC preprocessor behavior - constants evaluated?

Code listing of Untitled1: *** Var 47 = x *** Var 46 = y *** Task 0 = main 000 pwr ABC, 7 13 07 02 07 004 dir ABC, Fwd e1 87 006 setv var[47], 150 14 2f 02 96 00 011 setv var[46], 5 14 2e 02 05 00 016 mulv var[46], var[47] 54 2e 00 2f 00 Total size: (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BrickOS improvements

Hello, I have created some patches to improve brickOS and set up a web page: (URL) the link above doesn't work try the long version: (URL) patches are against latest CVS version. I see no reason, why the first two patches should not be applied: The (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC preprocessor behavior - constants evaluated?

(...) The preprocessor only evaluates expressions if they are used in a conditional preprocessor statement (i.e. #if), otherwise they are simply treated as a series of tokens for the compiler to deal with. However, the compiler does evaluate (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Wireless IR-RF gateway movie online :-)

Hi all, just a message to let you know that we just put on-line a small movie of the RCX with the IR/RF gateway working :-) You can find it in the bottom of the wireless web page at (URL) Gai pj@sssup.it (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NQC preprocessor behavior - constants evaluated?

Pardon a basic, low-level question, but I'm trying to minimize memory & execution time. Does the NQC preprocessor precalculate constant expressions before the compile pass? For instance: #define CONST 100 #define HALF CONST/2 task main() { int x,y; (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  program_run

Does the program_run function still work in BrickOS? static void program_run(unsigned nr) I've been trying to get it to work, but it doesn't seem to do anything. If anyone has used this lately, I'd love to see what you did. Thanks Steve (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS

(...) How did you do this? Since I can't get firmdl3 to download it, I wanted to try this, but had no success (renamed it as brickOS.rcx--but that's probably not right). (...) OK, I've got a cross compiler that SEEMS to work with both C and C++. At (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP Woes (RCX-to-RCX)

So, I'm trying to get LNP working for RCX, and I haven't exactly been able to get it to work. More precisely, thanks to the smaple code here: (URL) gotten it to SEND messages just fine (or so I assume, since when I run the sending program, the (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to turn LEDs on/off ?

(...) I was not referring to the IR LED. I was referring to LEDs that can be connected to one of the motor ports. I believe Ross' initial response gave me the information I need. Thanks for everyone's help. -Brian (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to turn LEDs on/off ?

(...) Well could you please be a little helpful and describe how you turn that LED on and off? I'm not familiar with communications from the RCX and there's no info on Dave's command reference, and I figured it was highly unlikely that's the LED (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to turn LEDs on/off ?

(...) Sure it does. They emit infrared light -- they're part of its IR communication system. (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to turn LEDs on/off ?

(...) What LED are you talking about? The RCX has no LED build in. If you mean the LCD display, you can use the cputc_native_*() functions described here: (URL) you mean a LED connected to a motor output, just use the motor_* functions described (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to turn LEDs on/off ?

What is the command to turn an LED on or off ? I've looked through the kernel files and I don't see anything that seems to do this. (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) I've drawn a circuit to control more powerful motors (sadly in Visio format at the moment, though I my convert to jpeg later to post it). Since the H-bridges have flywheel diodes across the transistors, this will short the motor when the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS

(...) Periodically I pick up this project again, get frustrated and give up. Then a few more months pass and I pick it up again... I seemed to have more success with the cross compiler this time around. BrickOS gave me a little trouble (strange (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Beginners questions

Thanks James and the others who provided feedback. A couple of the links provided were new and did provide some good info. My team became very proficient with the RIS environment and are doing well learning Robolab as long as they stay on the beaten (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, FTX)

  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) The amplifiers definitely won't work. I am bringing a demo 'bot to BrickFest which uses the buggy motors with an RCX. The RCX actually drives regular technic gear motors which drive a cam shaft which operates the buttons on the 9v (6 x AA) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Multi-RCX Communication

(...) legOS allows this with a networking protocol. leJOS allows this if you're willing to work with Jini. Both of these require replacing the firmware with either C or Java. You can build your own networking protocol in any language, really. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: RIS 2.0 upgrade CD? (part 3805)

(...) 2.0 adds new programming features which are mostly noticeable in the graphical programming environment that LEGO supplies. If you're using a different language, though, then the differences will be handled by the compiler. NQC was updated to (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) 1) I'm not sure these are currently available 2) They only give you independent control of two motors per RCX output (but you can connect motors together) 3) They won't work with the 8366 motors (they were designed before those were available) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) John Barnes (HiTechnic) has available a motor amplifier which draws it's power from an external source, and can control 4 motors from 1 RCX ouptut. I haven't tried one, but you might find it helpful: (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) What does this mean in electrical novice terms? What is an auto-coupler? Is it possible to modify the reciever/power unit to interface with the RCX? ie maybe add an inferred recuever to interpret commands from the rcx to power the motors (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: laser distance sensor

(...) Who said you had to actually use laser? :) Google for "electronic tape measure" to see what I'm talking about (they really use sonar, with a laser pointer to show where the device is reading from). Home Depot has one for $29. Now, the biggest (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: laser distance sensor

(...) This is an interesting subject and one which generates some interest every so often. The conventional assumption would be that you are talking about LIDAR. The thing is, even if simple plans where available, would you be able to use them to (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact