 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3831
Re: Help installing brickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:57:11 GMT

Jordon HIrshon wrote:
I'm trying  to install brickOS 0.2.6.10.6 on WIN NT.  After unning "configure"
it's busy for along time, and terminates with the message -"No Hitachi gcc
compiler found.  Please install compiler and try again."

Any suggestions?

Sure. The configure script tries to find the gcc cross compiler toolchain for
the brick's hitachi processor. This chain is needed to compile brickOS to a
program that can be run by the RCX. But it seems that you did not install the
tool chain. Or, you installed it at a very uncommon place.

Anyway, the not-very-intelligent (aka dumb) configure script can't locate it.

Regards,

Michael