 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3833
Re: Can't make dllx - anyone else had this problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:35:40 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Ralph Clark wrote:
I am trying to make all the LNP stuff at the moment. Having followed the
instructions for installing dllx according to the readme on the
legos.sourceforge.net website, I have come to the part where I type:

make depend
make

in the dllx directory. This is the output I get from typing "make":

bash-2.05b$ make
gcc -o dllx loader2.o lx.o
-L/home/ralph/BrickOS/build/brickos-0.2.6.10/host/lnpd+liblnp/liblnp -llnp
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
cannot find -llnp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [dllx] Error 1

Help! What does all this mean? Please can someone help me out with solving this
problem - I'm sure I'm not the only one to have had this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

The linker is looking for the file liblnp.dll (Not 100% sure of the extension
might be .a or .so). The -L arguments specifies a place to look for libraries
and is probably where liblnp.dll is expected. Check this directory for the file.

I have not used Brickos recently but I am guessing that LNP may not be part of
the generic build. You may have to explictly build it or set some flag in a
config file.

You can used find to look for the libary and if it is not in the -L directory,
change the line in the makefile

Lester