 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1693
Re: Rotation sensor limitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:31:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Anders Søborg wrote:
I use a rotation sensor for a brick sorting machine – hence I need to
know the limitation of the rotation sensor. What happens when the
rotation sensor exceeds 9999 as shown on the LCD display? Apparently the
rotation sensor can still keep track of the rotations beyond this point
– I’m guessing that the rotation sensor is an integer – so the limit
must be 32.767 or what??? And what happens when the rotation sensor
reaches its limit – I have a feeling that the RCX simply turns off the
power. Any comments would be most appreciated.

The simplest answer is to try it.  Yes the limit that an RCX 16 bit integer can
hold is 32767.  From there things go to -32768 down to zero I think.

Anders

Kevin