 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3799
3798  |  3800
Subject:
BrickOS improvements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:03:24 GMT

Hello,

I have created some patches to improve brickOS and set up a web page:

http://hoenicke.de.vu/rcx/brickOS.html

If the link above doesn't work try the long version:
http://csd.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~hoenicke/rcx/brickOS.html

All patches are against latest CVS version.

I see no reason, why the first two patches should not be applied:

The first patch fixes some problems with recent gcc and
binutils and removes some assembler warnings.

The second patch makes use of high memory area which
gives more space (about 3KB) to the user programs.

The last patch is probably more controversial.  It is my solution
to the problem that was posted over a year ago and never fixed.
See the thread "Interesting BrickOS Timing Results" from
January 2003.  It drastically changes the timer interrupt handler
and the polling frequency of the sensors.

Regards,
  Jochen

--
Jochen Hoenicke, University of Oldenburg, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Email: hoenicke@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de  Tel: +49 441 798 3124