 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3822
Re: help building gcc cross-compiler (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 03:52:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Michael Obenland wrote:
I'm following Matthias Erhmann's excellent BrickOS Linux Installation HOWTO, and
I've hit a snag. When executing the "make" command in step 2.2 to make the gcc
cross-compiler, I got the error below.

You must not compile the gcc by your own.
Great idea, thanks!

Now I'm trying to apply Mark Riley's DCC patch to the brickos-0.2.6.10 source.
When I try:
patch -d ../kernel <kernel.diff

I get:
patching file dmotor.c
patching file systime.c
Hunk #6 FAILED at 332.
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file systime.c.rej

----------systime.c.rej-----
***************
*** 332,343 ****
  .align 1
  .global _get_system_up_time
  _get_system_up_time:
    try_again:
      mov.w @_sys_time+2, r1
      mov.w @_sys_time,   r0
      mov.w @_sys_time+2, r2
      cmp   r2, r1
      bne try_again
      rts
  ");
----end of systime.c.rej-----

Am I patching the wrong version of brickos?