 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 332
Re: Beginners questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:10:20 GMT

Thanks James and the others who provided feedback. A couple of the links provided were new and did provide some good info. My team became very proficient with the RIS environment and are doing well learning Robolab as long as they stay on the beaten path provided by the tutorials. I’m just hoping to give them a better understanding of why the application works the way it does so they have a better chance of discovering the source of a problem. I think a big part of why the interface is awkward is that its a “repackaging” of labview. I’m going to have another look at the Labview environment in hopes that it will give me a better feel for robolab.

Lots of neat stuff in robolab. I like that the scope of the containers is global and persist between runs. In RIS they were reset each time you ran a program. Now containers can be initialized depending on the environment (battery, ambient light, etc.) and referenced by all downloaded programs.

Very cool.

-Glenn