 Robotics / RCX / 2527
Re: Bricx NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:12:30 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Ian Koerich Maciel wrote:
I want to send a message whon is formed for three numbers corespondente the
information of the program than I'll create.

I'm having a hard time parsing your english.  I know that's not your fault, but
it is making it harder to help you.

The simplest way you can send a message to the RCX and have a program running on
the RCX respond to that message is to use the PBMessage mechanism.  But that
limits your message to a single integer value between 0 and 255.  If you need to
send a single message constructed from 3 numbers then you may find the PBMessage
mechanism to be too limiting.  If that is the case then your will have a much
harder time trying to do what you want.

I received an e-mail from "bricx" whon said: "BricxCC can accept some DDE
messages.  It can also act as an out-of-process COM server.  Good luck."

I wrote that e-mail.  I was wrong about the DDE support in BricxCC.  It does not
currently handle any DDE messages.

You said: "I have written a
small utility that allows you to do the same thing (i.e., send IR messages 1-255
to the RCX)." How can I have this?

If you have installed BricxCC 3.3.7.7 then you have a copy of this utility (it
is called RCXTool.exe).  You can use either NQC or RCXTool to send PBMessages to
the RCX.

explaining, i want to make my own software whon send messages to RCX.
As no people know how to help me, i'm trying now send DDE messagens and use
Bricx as an COM Server.

In a previous post I showed how to use NQC to send a PBMessage.

nqc -TRCX2 -Susb -msg #

(where # == 1-255)

You could have your program launch NQC using the above command line to send your
messages.

John Hansen