 Robotics / RCX / 2525
Re: Bricx NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:03:29 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Ian Koerich Maciel wrote:
Please help me.
I want to send DDE messages from another software to Bricx.
This DDE messages will send messagens to RCX.
Summarizing, my own software will send dde to bricx whon will send messages to
RCX.
I want to know which messagens i should send to do it.
If you know, please answer me.

-> ian.maciel@terra.com.br

As I mentioned earlier, DDE messages are not supported by BricxCC.  It would be
possible to write you a simple utility that would allow you to send messages to
the RCX using DDE, but it isn't something BricxCC can do today.

Please respond with more information regarding the sort of messages you need to
send to the RCX.  Is it sufficient to use the simple RCX PB Message mechanism
(where you can send the RCX a "message" consisting of an integer between 1 and
255)?  If that is sufficient then I may be able to provide you with a tool to
accomplish what you desire.  If you want to be able to send more complicated
messages to an RCX then I will need to know more information about what you are
trying to accomplish before I can help.

John Hansen