 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 638
Re: Help - no response from "brick"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:41:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Jordon Hirshon wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Brian B. Alano wrote:
I don't know the answer, but I know a workaround: use Bricxcc's pbForth console.
see http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/pbforth/?n=628

Thanks for your response.  It, along with Parick's posting of 9 April enabled me
to get started.

This old post may be useful to the people out there who are trying to use
pbForth with BricxCC.

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/pbforth/?n=590

The bitmap is missing but it didn't contain any really useful information.  The
most important thing to remember about BricxCC and pbForth is to use a file
extension that BricxCC recognizes as a pbForth extension.  I use .4th and .Fth.
Opening a file with a pbForth extension shifts BricxCC into pbForth mode where
the keyword help (F1 or Ctrl+F1) works and the help file opens to
pbForth-specific information.

Hope this helps.

John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/