 LEGOLAND / 341
Re: BricxCC NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:41:19 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Ian Koerich Maciel wrote:
Please help me.
I want to send DDE messages from another software to Bricx.
This DDE messages will send messagens to RCX.
Summarizing, my own software will send dde to bricx whon will send messages to
RCX.
I want to know which messagens i should send to do it.
If you know, please answer me.

-> ian.maciel@terra.com.br

I'm afraid you can't use DDE to make BricxCC send a message to RCX.  You could
write software which directly uses NQC to send messages to the RCX (since it
supports the standard IR message feature in the RCX firmware.  I have written a
small utility that allows you to do the same thing (i.e., send IR messages 1-255
to the RCX).  You could have your program launch NQC or my RCXTool utility with
the necessary command-line parameters to send an IR message.

If you execute NQC with the -help command-line parameter it will describe how to
make it send an IR message to the RCX.

nqc -TRCX2 -Susb -msg #

(where # == 1-255)

John Hansen