 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3790
Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 02:55:02 GMT

I have reached the same stage as Rich had about a year ago: demos behave exactly
as above. I couldn't find any further follow-up of this thread - I would
appreciate any hints where should I look for ideas.

I use cross-compiler and BrickOSXTools from M. Zapp. I use NQC to download the
brickos.srec file (after properly renaming, of course:-).

I'd be grateful for all suggestions.

jacek

Periodically I pick up this project again, get frustrated and give up. Then a
few more months pass and I pick it up again...

I seemed to have more success with the cross compiler this time around. BrickOS
gave me a little trouble (strange linking errors). I had tried to modify the
make file by deleting references to util, so I could use Michael's binaries.
That seemed to do something bad. So I tried to trick the make file by placing
the util binaries in the util directory. Everything built properly (even the c++
code). But I think it actually re-built the utils, because I got odd errors when
I first tried to use firmdl3.

I re-unpacked Michael's binaries into the /usr/local/bin directory, and tried to
download the files. This time I got the following error:

dyld: firmdl3 can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.dylib  (No such
file or directory, errno = 2)

Looking back on my previous posts, I see that I've had this problem before.
Unfortunatley, now fink for OSX 10.3 has libusb in unstable, and installing it
means unleashing a world of pain.

Did anyone ever compile a version of this that doesn't require installing the
libraries?

-Rich-

P.S. Once I actually get it working, I'll post more details on what I did.