 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3787
Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:34:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Michael van der Kolff wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rich Warren wrote:
I was able to download the firmware. However, the demo programs did not work
properly. helloworld.lx displayed mostly underlines. I tried changing the text
and recompiling, with no apparent change. And sound.lx only produced a low
monitone droning.
Well, it must be something weird then, what compiler *is* Michael's compiler?
(gcc 3.2.3? what?)  After all, all cross-compilers should work about the
same.... It's a different compiler to gcc 3.3 for h8300 cross-compiled with
gcc-3.3 :)

After all, the C things work for me, but it simply refuses to link c++ :(  I've
written the thing I need to write, but I'd like to try rewriting it to see if I
could've done it more readibly :)

I tried again using Michael's compiler (assuming mine was shot), but had exactly
the same results. (It looks like we're having the same c++ errors too).

-Rich-

I have reached the same stage as Rich had about a year ago: demos behave exactly
as above. I couldn't find any further follow-up of this thread - I would
appreciate any hints where should I look for ideas.

I use cross-compiler and BrickOSXTools from M. Zapp. I use NQC to download the
brickos.srec file (after properly renaming, of course:-).

I'd be grateful for all suggestions.

jacek