 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3311
Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:18:30 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rich Warren wrote:
I was able to download the firmware. However, the demo programs did not work
properly. helloworld.lx displayed mostly underlines. I tried changing the text
and recompiling, with no apparent change. And sound.lx only produced a low
monitone droning.
Well, it must be something weird then, what compiler *is* Michael's compiler?
(gcc 3.2.3? what?)  After all, all cross-compilers should work about the
same.... It's a different compiler to gcc 3.3 for h8300 cross-compiled with
gcc-3.3 :)

After all, the C things work for me, but it simply refuses to link c++ :(  I've
written the thing I need to write, but I'd like to try rewriting it to see if I
could've done it more readibly :)

Oddly enough, when I hit the stop button while running sound.lx, it correctly
displayed the word "stop" (or whatever the message is).

Not quite so weird, that's done courtesy of the kernel.

I tried again using Michael's compiler (assuming mine was shot), but had exactly
the same results. (It looks like we're having the same c++ errors too).

-Rich-