 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3310
Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:49:15 GMT

You know, it doesn't matter how long I wait before sending out a question...

I figured out the trouble with firmdl3. I'd assumed the black plug in the USB
port was the IR Tower, which I'd plugged in earlier today. However, my wife had
been downloading pictures from her camera....

I was able to download the firmware. However, the demo programs did not work
properly. helloworld.lx displayed mostly underlines. I tried changing the text
and recompiling, with no apparent change. And sound.lx only produced a low
monitone droning.

Oddly enough, when I hit the stop button while running sound.lx, it correctly
displayed the word "stop" (or whatever the message is).

I tried again using Michael's compiler (assuming mine was shot), but had exactly
the same results. (It looks like we're having the same c++ errors too).

-Rich-

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rich Warren wrote:
You know, I think there's some cosmic law. Just after hitting the send key,
I'll almost always realize my question was stupid. Looking at the errors I
was getting, I noticed that it was the utilities that you'd already created.

firmdl3 has the location of libusb hardcoded into it. Since I've installed
most of my unix additions using fink, everything's in the /sw directory. I
tried to solve this by creating a link from /sw/lib/libusb.dynlib to
/usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.dylib. However, it would be nice if this wasn't
necessary.

It seemed to hang for a long time. Then I get a slowly increasing
percentage. However, the friendly green light on my IR tower does not
appear. Also, my RCX beeped and turned off at about 19% (so I'm not really
confident that anything is actually transferring). I'm trying it again now
to see what happens.