 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3828
3827  |  3829
Subject:
use of single features of BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:09:19 GMT

Hi,

I am working for the university of Stuttgart. And like universities are, they
always need to do something special. That's why my task is to use Micro C/OS-II
with the Bricks. There ist just a problem: Micro C/OS-II does not contain
methods to access the hardware of the bricks (LCD-display) or the robots
(sensors, motors). Is it possible to use those features of BrickOS without using
the rest of the OS?
Which files do I need to use p. ex. the display-methods?
Which parts of the ram are used for the display and the fucntions I need and
which are for the use of the OS (because I need to reduce the ram, because both
OS together are using more than the Bricks have)? And how can I change the code
of h8300.rcx to use just the ram I use for my application?
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rudolf