 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3804
Re: compiling problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:21:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rudolf Rüssel wrote:
Hello everybody,

I downloaded the source files of BrickOS and tried to build them. During the
compiling process there are no errors, but during the linking process over 270
errors are appearing. All errors are "undefined reference" errors, which means
that some files or definitions are not found. But I included all assembler-files
to the project and I also defined their pathes correctly. Which files are
missing or what do I need to do?
Thanks.

Rudolf,

  I'm not the one to answer your question, but I can tell you this:  You need to
provide the list of unresolved references before anyone can help you.
Unresolved references are typically because not all files are identified in the
Makefile, or you are not using the right makefile, or you are not using the
makefile the right way.

  People who would be able to help you might look at each unresolved reference
name and grep the assembly/C code for the labels.  This would identify the files
that refer to the unresolved reference and might even show you the file where it
is declared.  Either the file is not included in the Makefile, or some #define
is not set correctly.

  I hope this helps.

Kevin