 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3825
LNP: No connection between PC and RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:32:28 GMT

Hi,
I want to send some data between my PC (Suse Linux 9.0) and the RCX-Unit
(Brickos 0.2.6). I thought LNP would do the thing, and so I downloaded and
installed it. When I start the LNPD daemon the LED on my Serial-IR-Tower lits up
for a few seconds, and that's why I think it works.

But it is impossible to me to send any data. I used the test programs which came
with LNP, but nothing was received.
It is also impossible to download a simple program like helloworld.lx to the RCX
while running the LNPD daemon, although I use the dll file which came with LNP,
or even dllx. There occurs everytime the same error: "cannot load legOs
executable from ..."
The normal dll works, and that proofs, that the PC is able to send data to the
RCX.

I think, I've tested almost everything. The only thing I didn't do, is to apply
the "legOS.patch" in brickOS, because I don't know how. Perhabs this is my
fault.
I will be very thankful, if anyone is able to help me or give me a tipp.

Philip