 Robotics / RCX / *4155 (-100)
  Re: How to read variables from RCX

(...) The latest version of the Programmer's Guide (uploaded last night) has an extra section in the back that explains some of the technical details like direct access of data sources, etc. Dave (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

0.2.5 is the most recent, but there have been a number of problems reported with my (admittedly slightly sloppy) packaging of it. There will be an 0.2.6 with fixes for these problems, but unless someone else steps up and does it, it won't happen (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

OK, I tried putting a makefile.common in the root directory(it turns out that I found it in the /util folder). It didn't work. My project folder is "test" and my file is "test.c", so I replaced the Makefile.common in the "test" folder with the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

I thought that was a little weird that I didn't have a makefile.common in my root legOS directory! Will it work to just copy it from "/legOS/demo/"? I'm going to try it. I'll get back soon. Nick (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

(...) I'm not sure I'm understanding what you have done, so excuse me if I'm a little pedantic. In your root legOS directory you have these files: Makefile.common and Makefile.user. Both are coming from the legOS distribution archive (their length (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

(...) Is your test.c in the demo directory? If not, you have to copy the Makefile from the demo dir to where your test.c is, and change: 1. The line starting KERNEL= should point to your kernel directory. I usually change mine to: (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  ROBOLAB catalog info clarified...

For anyone intending to purchase ROBOLAB, here is a minor clarification of the catalog material. I hope the Pitsco-LEGO Dacta service rep does not object to me posting it here. Thanks for the prompt reply... Jerry ***...*** Thank you for your (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

Oh. I just realized that now I get a different error message: "*** No rule to make target 'test.lx'. Stop. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

Tried. Is there some editing job you're supposed to do on it? Nick (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) Well, as far as Cygwin on Windoze goes, I'm pretty much a "dummy" user too! Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to read variables from RCX

(...) Dave, First of all thank you very much, using #pragma reserve 10 works great for me. I would let you know though that although in your programming guide you tell how to reserve a storage location you do not tell how to access the reserved (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

(...) It seems that Make can't find `Makefile.common'. This file should exist in the root legOS directory, it's included in the archive. Have you checked if such file exists? (...) Everyone seems a jerk before becoming a master :-). bye Bernardo (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

Well, I upgraded my kernel. Now I get a new error message: "***No rule to make target '../Makefile.common'. Stop" Any idea about this one? Nick (PS: Sorry if I'm acting like a jerk; I'm new at this sort of thing.) (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Programming Languages

From the Pitsco-Dacta online catalog, the current version of ROBOLAB ver 2.0 is W90051 and is called 'ROBOLAB Investigator'. It includes the Programmer software (which I hope is the full version). It costs US$59.00. But the catalog material is sort (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Programming Languages

I've written a document summarizing all the options available for Linux that is available here: (URL) ignores Spirit.OCX and RoboLab, since they are windows only, but to the best of my knowledge covers every other programming interface that is (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Programming Languages

I can only speak from experience about programming languages that use the standard firmware, since that's all I've used. *Spirit.OCX (I've used VB and J++): The worst way to program in the standard firmware. non-intuitive syntax (even if you (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Clearing the firmware

Ok, big surprise: it turns out I'm a moron. It was cleared all along, for some strange reason I was expecting the "00:00" to come up in boot mode - I forgot that was part of the Lego firmware, not the boot code. I guess thats what happens when I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:35:16 GMT, "Paolo Masetti" <paolom@pragmanet.it> wrote: <SNIP> When you're interested in a "dummy" user i'll go for it. Harald (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Programming languages

Ooooh! Let the holy wars begin :>) Jeffrey Hazen North Mill Technology jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net -----Original Message----- From: Tobias Moller [SMTP:tobias.moller@telia.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 1:41 PM To: (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Programming languages

Just out of pure curiosity: How many different programming languages for the RCX exists? Which is the easiest/most advanced/best? (I know this is a matter of taste) And is there any language that does *not* use the LEGO firmware? --Tobias (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RF communication between PC and RCX - anyone tried it?

Hi I'm working on a telerobotics project where I use various input devices an a PC to control a Mindstorms robot, equipped with a wireless video camera. I was reading somewhere , either in the spririt.ocx or NQC documentation, that there's some (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Strange problem with RcxCC ??

"Dave Baum" <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote> (...) Yes, RcxCC needs spirit.ocx and must be registered to your system. Locate or copy the spirit.ocx file to you hard disk and use the Run command in the windows Start menu to execute the following: (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to read variables from RCX

(...) In general, you don't have control over where the variables get placed. If necessary you can take advantage of the fact that globals are allocated consecutively starting at location 0, so in the above example, A refers to location 0. However, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Strange problem with RcxCC ??

(...) I think RcxCC needs spirit.ocx in order to function. Spirit.ocx gets installed along with the regular mindstorms software, but there's probably a way to install it directly as well. Dave (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Clearing the firmware

Hold the on/off button while pressing run. Rick Byers <RickB@BigScaryChildren.net> wrote in message news:G8q7D1.3yA@lugnet.com... (...) (while (...) to (...) doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to read variables from RCX

It is my understanding that the RCX has 32 "spaces" for variables, I am trying to set variable A or 10 to the value of 100 and then evaluate it in an IF statement. However I am not sure how to read that variable "space" correctly. Here is what I am (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Strange problem with RcxCC ??

I have used RcxCC on several Win95 and WIN98 and WIN Me machines. Great. But now I need to run it on 6 machines in a library for a class. I have installed the same latest version on 3 of these machines, and they all seem to install OK, but executing (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Clearing the firmware

Rick, I believe that you take a battery out and turn the thing on, which will reset it to firmwareless mode. Then you just download the lego firmware to it as if you had just gotten a new rcx. Nick (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Clearing the firmware

Hi, I've just installed LegOS 0.2.5 and its working great! However, I'd like to temporarily put the original lego firmware back on. How do I erase the legOS firmware so that the ROM bootstrap code will permit the Mindstorms software to download its (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) it may be (...) Where can I (...) I'll attach them in next message I will send to you. :-) (...) problem, (...) Let's try... Bye, Paolo. --- First Postulate of Isomurphism: Things equal to nothing else are equal to each other. (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Using the serial port of an NCD terminal.

Cool, thanks! I have an old NCD in the garage, I never realized it can be turned into an internet-to-serial-port bridge! -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

Well, it wasn't that one. I already got and fixed that one. It says: "cannot load legOs executable from:" and then it gives me the name of my attempted file. It's not specifically my program, because none of the demos like helloworld.lx will load, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Using the serial port of an NCD terminal.

Hello legOS fans, I have written a hack to make it possible to connect the IR tower to a NCD terminal. Here at university we are using those fan less terminals, while the servers are in another room. A NCD has a serial port, that is accessible via (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

Nick, It'd be helpful to know what the message was! I sometimes get "error deleting program" messages, and have to "re-boot" the RCX & re-install legOS.srec. I'm not sure what causes this, but it happens so rarely that I haven't investigated (yet). (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) My web page at (URL) This is for DJGPP, not Cygnus. Rossz (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS and the Downloader....

I just installed LegOS last night, made my first few not-too-complicated programs today, and downloaded them. They worked fine, up until I found the bugs. I tried to download a new, updated version of my program, and got an error message. (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

Paolo Masetti <paolom@pragmanet.it> wrote in message news:G8o1Fv.2uG@lugnet.com... (...) Well, I'm looking to set up legOS on my new (dual-boot) laptop, so it may be a good chance to check out the Windoze development environment. Where can I get (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  3 Sharp GP2D12 using one input port !!!

Hi all, It's done. I've got 3 Sharp GP2D12 Infrared Ranger with my RCX using only one input ! I use Michael Gasperi's Multiplexer ((URL) his more general analog interface (3 times ; the one with the opamp) ((URL) a 9 volts battery (6LR61). (Thanks, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) from (...) has... (...) :-) Hi. Here I am. No sea waves, sorry... ;-))) Only a lot of work and two sons :-). I'm actually working in finalizing cygnwin 1.1 instructions (if someone want to test them let me know). My beta testers are a bit slow (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  leJOS article in JavaWorld

Enjoy! (URL) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Play pcm on the RCX

I think this item has been discused sometimes but I have discovered RIS, just last Christmas. Has anyone played a pcm wave? I know how to play it on a PC speaker, but I don´t know a lot on H8 architecture and so on the timers (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NQC 2.3 b1 in beta test

Just a few minor bug fixes and tweaks from 2.3 a1. At this point the 2.3 release is looking pretty stable. (URL) Baum (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  ANN: leJOS Visual Interface 1.1.1

With this version I have added an auto indent feature that indents lines after braces, and have made an 'installer' that sets up the properties file. It should also run with the commands I have up now too :) Sorry about the error in the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

If you're interested in creating your own applications, take a look at: (URL) (select Research) There's both a paper describing the PC protocol in great depth ((URL) and (best of all) an ActiveX component ((URL) that you can compile and use from (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

I forgot to mention that LEGO Engineer 2.0 currently runs on top of ROBOLAB 2.0. So ok, its not *free* :) You have to spend the $25 or so on ROBOLAB first. But its still better than LOGO I think because the programming is graphical. And unlike (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

Just to clarify, this serial interface box that you've been given doesn't have much to do with ROBOLAB. ROBOLAB is the software for the RCX. What you want (free) is LEGO Engineer, which looks and smells a lot like ROBOLAB. (URL) Right now only the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

I bought one of those four years ago (long before Mindstorms). It's an absolutely wonderful unit - considerably better than the RCX, Scout, etc. The only downside is that it must be tethered to a PC (though you could buy a wireless serial (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

(...) Hi, I believe that the unit you are describing is the interface for the Lego Dacta Control Lab. I have been using these for several years in schools where I have worked and also for control of my Lego trains. I like the unit because it offers (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

If you pickup the intelligent house from Dacta you may have some luck, Pitsco?Dacta would be my best guess. Legomaster@gobi.com (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

Hello, I have been offered a Lego Dacta/Robolab control unit which must be attached to the serial port on a PC. The unit has 8 input and 8 output. There are no software with this unit. Anybody know what software I need to use this unit and if any of (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: nqc download firmware linux

(...) The only thing I could think of that would cause a difference between firmware downloading and program downloading is if the serial driver for some reason introduces delays during long serial transmissions. The firmware download generally uses (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: ANN: TextLCD-Tester for leJOS

That LCD applet is too cool! Sort of lets you test out what words look good and which don't before actually putting it into code. It gave me an idea to make a list on all the capital letters and lower case letters that actually look good, then try (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: legos 0.2.4 and LNP

(...) You should look in the kernel source. In lnp.c there is the lnp_integrity_byte() function which is called every time a byte is received. You could modify it to display data as soon as it's received, or copy it in a buffer for later display. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legos 0.2.4 and LNP

hi everybody. im currently trying to insert a radio device on my RCX so as to get radio communication between my computer and my RCX, but im having some trouble. my electronics guy cant quite get it to work and as such has asked me to display all (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Is an RCX Output Amplfier, possible ?

I think John Barnes has designed such a beast. John, maybe you can answer here? (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is an RCX Output Amplfier, possible ?

(...) Maybe you're looking for a DC motor driver like L293D (used with handyboard) from STMicroelectronics (former SGS-thomson) (URL) for all available driver this driver is suitable for use in switching applications up to 5 kHz. I don't know the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is an RCX Output Amplfier, possible ?

Dean, Your motor multiplexer is cool, but not really what I'm after. What I need is a way to have a single output drive several motors in the same direction at the same time (IE Hook them all up in parallel.) After reading some of the posts here and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: OmniRemote and Mindstorms Update

From what I've been able to figure, you need to bypass the irDA queue on the Palm to send straight bits over the IR port. This is possible by going to the hardware itself. OmniRemote can do it, and so can we (if we figure out how!). It's been in my (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: OmniRemote and Mindstorms Update

(...) I don't. I never got beyond using a Terminal Emulator (I forget which one) to send a text file from the Palm to the Tower over the serial port. Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) Buy "Extreme (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: OmniRemote and Mindstorms Update

Ralph, to what extent do you have QForth communicating to the RCX? I just started writing (again, I started this last year and didn't get around to it) a QForth program to communicate with the RCX. Do you have any QForth code that would get me (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: OmniRemote and Mindstorms Update

(...) No, it's way simpler than that. The text files on the Palm are source code for Quartus Forth on the Palm. The idea is that the *same* source gets sent to the RCX via the IR link - you can do it now with a serial link, a terminal emulator, and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: OmniRemote and Mindstorms Update

(...) Well, actually, the idea was to be able to write Forth source on the Palm and upload it using a terminal emulator from the Palm. If we can integrate the IR into Quartus Forth, then it would indeed be cool to upload firmwarwe and code from the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?

(...) The light sensor doesn't actually "see" colors, it only distiguishes between dark and light. Therefore I have found that using different grey scales is a good way to make distinguishable "colors". Different grey scales can be made by printing (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?

(...) My card reader 2 reliably reads cards built with yellow, grey and black plates ((URL) problem in brick sorters is that slight modifications of brick positions can cause more variation in reflected light than color. Take care too of specular (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Is an RCX Output Amplfier, possible ?

(...) (URL) you 6 outputs from 3. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Is an RCX Output Amplfier, possible ?

I'm a not an electrical engineer and I couldn't even play one on TV : Ok. That being said, would it be possible to amplify the PWM output from the RCX to run multiple (2-4) motors off a single output connector using an external nicad battery ? Can (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?

Just a thought: Couldn't one make a "rosetta stone" wheel of the various LEGO(R) colors that uses an angle sensor for indexing them and then just compare the brick being "measured" to the known bricks on the wheel ? It'd be cumbersome, but not very (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) I agree with you here ! no question. Rainer (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Mindstorms for Dummies

Huh, I hope that "Lego Mindstorms pour Les Nuls" will be soon available in France ;-) Waiting this great happening, I will stay with my Oreilly Unofficial Guide... -- Alexandre BEC laleks@free.fr (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.books)

  Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?

Le Mardi 06 Février 2001 21:50, vous avez ?rit : (...) I think that the identification of colors can be quite accurate, assuming that we may need spend time for retrieving several sample values from the sensor, and doing thus a kind of average and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Mindstorms for Dummies

(...) I felt a bit guilty after I posted my review because it was written with a lot of....well, let's just call it emotion. Rereading my opening phrase I realize there may be opportunity to take it out of context... (...) In case there is any (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.books)

  Re: Evolvable mindstorms

Doh!!!!!! www.geocities.com/ciaranjessup (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Evolvable mindstorms

What's the URL? Jerry (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Evolvable mindstorms

A couple of people have expressed an interest in my Dissertation on evolvable Lego mindstorms Code, now I hadn't intended to publish anything on it until it was complete, but I was trying to avoid working :) So I knocked up a quick (very very dirty) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Jag redan såg den, jag läser lugnet.loc.se :-) (...) No, not if you do everything in sequence. I'd try this first, because it is simpler. (...) Then it is always multitasking, one task on each RCX. (...) You can make one task for each motor of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Ok, I have to admit that I was wrong. But I think most of the time it is the easiest solution to start all the tasks at the beginning and have them run in parallel. And if you want to perform some single action within a task use a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?

I'm pretty sure there were no filters involved. This was the basic robot arm that can be built from the 9740(?) Control Lab Starter Set for the Serial Interface Box. She slightly modified it so that there were multiple bins for all of the different (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?

Ben, did this designer use any filters? Or was this simply the response of the LED and detector in the Light Sensor? (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

Thanks for the replies, and for the sample programs. I'll try them out soon. I'm building a robotic arm (that's why I chose to reply to this message, not the other, later ones) that I plan to program in NQC. It does not need multitasking to work, or (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: DC output at motor max speed with legOS

(...) So motor_a_speed(MAX_SPEED) is not enough, since it turns the motor off every 256 ms for a single ms? I have an idea how to change the code to make the output really constant, patch attached. A side-effect of this change is that (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Jin Sato Book about Mibo

Ok, I'll answer my own question: (URL) I think I saw this a long time ago, but I had assumed that the "Mibo in Book!" link was referring to the Mibo on the cover of a Japanese magazine that Jin Sato had on display at Mindfest. I didn't realize it (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.books)

  DC output at motor max speed with legOS

Hi, I am trying to control a stepper motor with LegOS, and I need to have a constant DC output from a motor output, like when I choose speed(8) with the Lego firmware, so I can turn it on and off to make pulses of the duration I choose. Is this (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?

I saw a 6th grade girl with a lego robot arm that could sort about 10 different lego colors using the light sensor. It was amazing. It wasn't the RCX, but the light sensor was the same. She actually brought in her pink and purple LEGOs from home (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Gearing down a lego motor

I think a worm gear and a 40-tooth gear worked for me. A string was fixed above, and wound around the axle connected to the 40-tooth gear. This wasn't fast though, more like a slow climb. But I think you definitely want a worm gear or some kind of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms for Dummies

I got Mindstorms for Dummies sent to me as soon as it was ready from Amazon, since I'm curious what my competition looks like. :) And I kept quiet for a while, but I'm glad you wrote something first, Ralph, because I feel the same way. I was (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.books)

  Re: Jin Sato Book about Mibo

Where is this book? URL? I have Joe Nagata's book (japanese version) and have the english book on order, but I didn't know that Jin Sato had a book! I met him at Mindfest and asked him to write a chapter for my book, but then I never got around to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.books)

  Re: Legos 0.2.5 and Win2k

If you can get in touch with Paolo directly, I believe he said that he had 0.2.5 running under Cygwin 1.0. If you can get his compiler packages for that, the newer Cygwin may help with W2K. And of course you can always go to www.redhat.com for a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Sorry Juergen, but that's not quite right. You can start and stop tasks as often as you wish to do. like this int do_s_s = 0; int condition = 0; task main() { while (1) { if (condition && !do_s_s) { start do_something_special; do_s_s = 1; } if (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

Hej Tobias! (...) No, rather you need a While or Until loop. Normal programming languages are different from the RCX code. In RCX code the watchers are running all the time, in NQC you need to program the repetition yourself. A program for simple (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Legos 0.2.5 and Win2k

Has anyone had any luck getting legos 0.2.5 to work under Windows 2000, I'm running 0.2.4 quite cheerfully under cygwin b20 , but 0.2.5 refuses to compile...and in the new cygwin legos 0.2.4 refuses...argg if only I wasn't so dumb :) - ciaran (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  VLL in legOS 0.2.6?

Why not add the VLL stuff to 0.2.6 release? The post of the Ben Jackson is in (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

And of course Paolo can take care of stuff too... I haven't heard from him in a while though either, so I have no idea how much time he has... Paolo? Out there? <waves> hi! ;) Luis (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) Well, if we collect enough patches from folks then feel free to coordinate a release. It isn't like there are tons of bugs or new functionality floating around, but there were clearly a whole lot of niggling small bugs from 0.2.5, so maybe if (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

I would have no objections to taking over some the responsibilities, especially those related to releasing versions. It's what I do best, anyway. I'm sure there is someone more qualified with the administrator aspects, but if no one else volunteers, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LEGO remote and LNP (legOS 0.2.4)

Luis, I can do a quick HOWTO (though it'll only cover Linux) & post this patch. I think it'd be useful, anyway. It applies cleanly to 0.2.5 as well. Regards, ROSCO Luis Villa <liv@duke.edu> wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.10.1...uke.edu... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP and Lego Remote

Hi Paolo, I know this is a kind of old message, but I was just wondering what's happening in this direction? I'm currently using Chris Arquiza's patch (which works fine against 0.2.5) but wondering whether there's something new & improved around the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

Hey, all. I'm sorry I've been neglecting stuff (Stephen and Rossz, that mainly means you guys :| I've had a combination of a crud-load of work and some serious personal troubles to deal with. Unfortunately, I'll be mainly out of the loop until late (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) Luis Villa is the person to grant access. I haven't seen him around recently. I'm sure he'll get back to you when he can. Rossz (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: advice for game of tag?

(...) The firmware knows what (and when) it has just sent, so it can distinguish between incoming and outcoming messages. (...) That's not exactly true. Infrared light travels at the speed of light (300000 km/s), so you can safely ignore delays. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

Tobias, 'multi-tasking' means that several tasks run simultaneously. For example, a robot arm could grab, lift and swivel, one after the other, as functions, or simultaneously, as tasks. Or, the RCX could play a tune and a walker could walk, one (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact