 Robotics / RCX / 1033
Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:02:24 GMT

I saw a 6th grade girl with a lego robot arm that could sort about 10 different
lego colors using the light sensor.  It was amazing.  It wasn't the RCX, but
the light sensor was the same.  She actually brought in her pink and purple
LEGOs from home when she ran out of bricks that her school had. The distance
from the sensor to the brick is important too, I think I found 1/2 centimeter
to be the best. It was at Kids & Technology Day '99 at the Boston Statehouse.
(I must say that my girls and their LEGO robotic RCX animals were also pretty
darn cool that day.)

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Matthew Fisher writes:
Can the light sensor accurately distinguish between THREE colors?  All the
designs I've seen work with two; e.g. a brick sorter, green & red.

And if so, what colors are recommended: Red, Green, Blue?  Black, White,
Grey?

Thanks.