 Robotics / RCX / 969
Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:50:28 GMT

Matthew Fisher <matthew.fisher@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:G78nAy.D0A@lugnet.com...
Can the light sensor accurately distinguish between THREE colors?

The LEGO light sensor is based on a silicon photo transistor.  It really
doesn't "see" the colors we do.  It is sensitive to the near IR.   That
said, I'd think that the reflected light from different color LEGO bricks
would allow you to distinguish at least three different ones.  There is more
information about the LEGO light sensor on this page:
http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/light.htm and more about the spectral
senstivity of it and a homebrew alternative on this page:
http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/cds.htm .