 Robotics / RCX / 1046
Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:58:50 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Matthew Fisher writes:
Can the light sensor accurately distinguish between THREE colors?  All the
designs I've seen work with two; e.g. a brick sorter, green & red.

And if so, what colors are recommended: Red, Green, Blue?  Black, White,
Grey?

Thanks.

My card reader 2 reliably reads cards built with yellow, grey and black
plates (http://philohome.free.fr/cardreader2/cardreader.htm).
One problem in brick sorters is that slight modifications of brick positions
can cause more variation in reflected light than color. Take care too of
specular reflexion that can make a black brick appear white... I used
diffusing tape on the sensor to avoid this.

Philo

http://philohome.free.fr