 Robotics / RCX / 1036
Re: Lght Sensor & Three colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:50:12 GMT

I'm pretty sure there were no filters involved.  This was the basic robot arm
that can be built from the 9740(?) Control Lab Starter Set for the Serial
Interface Box.  She slightly modified it so that there were multiple bins for
all of the different colors, and not just two bins.  Maybe I'm exaggerating a
little with the 10 colors... but let's just say that there were a lot of colors
represented: all the standard lego colors plus pink and purple.  She wrote the
code in LEGO-LOGO (the "control lab" software).  I wish I could remember which
school they were in... I know her teacher was a part of the Minuteman Tech
program (that pays the middle school technology teachers in the boston suburbs
that are a part of its program), but I can't remember his name.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Terry King writes:
Ben, did this designer use any filters?  Or was this
simply the response of the LED and detector in the
Light Sensor?