 Robotics / RCX / 1032
Re: Gearing down a lego motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:55:31 GMT

I think a worm gear and a 40-tooth gear worked for me.  A string was fixed
above, and wound around the axle connected to the 40-tooth gear.  This wasn't
fast though, more like a slow climb.  But I think you definitely want a worm
gear or some kind of ratchet mechanism to prevent the gear train from slipping
back in the wrong direction.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Ram Meenakshisundaram writes:
Hi,

Before I invest a lot of time on this, what is the minimal  gearing I =
need to do in order for a Lego motor to let itself up.  How about a lego =
motor lifting itself and another motor up?  I want the motor to be =
powerful but at the same time fast...

Thanks,

Ram