 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1697
Re: Using the serial port of an NCD terminal.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:27:00 GMT

Cool, thanks!
I have an old NCD in the garage, I never realized it
can be turned into an internet-to-serial-port bridge!
-gyug

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Jochen Hoenicke writes:
Hello legOS fans,

I have written a hack to make it possible to connect the IR tower to a
NCD terminal.  Here at university we are using those fan less
terminals, while the servers are in another room.  A NCD has a serial
port, that is accessible via TCP port 87, so I wrote a quick hack to
make dll and firmdl3 supporting it.

This is really a hack, as a patched dll/firmdl3 doesn't work with the
normal serial port anymore, but maybe it's useful for other NCD users.
The patch is at

http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~delwi/legOS/ncd.diff

There's a short description at the beginning of that diff.

Jochen