 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 981
Re: Strange problem with RcxCC ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:27:52 GMT

"Dave Baum" <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote>
In article <MPG.14f3c9825b98d6c79896e3@lugnet.com>, tking@together.net
wrote:

I have used RcxCC on several Win95 and WIN98 and WIN Me
machines. Great.

But now I need to run it on 6 machines in a library for a class.
I have installed the same latest version on 3 of these machines,
and they all seem to install OK, but executing RcxCC causes a
fatal exception, and tells me that a 'class is not registered'.
(Sorry: don't have the notes here... )

These are WIN98SE on IBM Aptivas. The 1.5 version of Mindstorms
works fine on them!

Anyone seen this error?? Any suggestions???

(I'll get the REAL errors written up....  )
Thanks...

I think RcxCC needs spirit.ocx in order to function.  Spirit.ocx gets
installed along with the regular mindstorms software, but there's
probably a way to install it directly as well.

Yes, RcxCC needs spirit.ocx and must be registered to your system. Locate or
copy the spirit.ocx file to you hard disk and use the Run command in the
windows Start menu to execute the following:

REGSVR32.EXE <path>\spirit.ocx

Mario