 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 972
Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:55:22 GMT

"Rainer Balzerowski" <balze2@gmx.net> writes:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Juergen Stuber writes:

Can I define a task in the beginning of the program, then run it only
under certain circumstances (like light reading <50),

No, it runs all the time (in RCX2 there are events that can
do this, but they are more complicated to use).
You just need to use a loop to wait for the circumstances,
then do what you want to do.

or at a certain point in the program?

This is what function or subroutines are good for.

Sorry Juergen, but that's not quite right.
You can start and stop tasks as often as you wish to do.

Ok, I have to admit that I was wrong.

But I think most of the time it is the easiest solution to start
all the tasks at the beginning and have them run in parallel.
And if you want to perform some single action within a task
use a subroutine/function.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>