 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 971
Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 17:37:22 GMT

Thanks for the replies, and for the sample programs. I'll try them out soon.

I'm building a robotic arm (that's why I chose to reply to this message,
not the other, later ones) that I plan to program in NQC.

It does not need multitasking to work, or does it? It's only going to
pick something up, then rotate around, put it down etc. And it will use
2 RCX's as well. The only multitasking thing I could think of would be
to have one task that moved the arm, and one task that checked light
values from the light sensor near the claw.

Maybe this was already answered, but if I run two tasks at once, can I
delay one task? "Rotate the arm with task 1, then close the claw with
task 2, but only when task 1 is done"? It's easier to use functions
then, isn't it?

Again, thanks for the help!

(Speciall credit goes to Jurgen Stuber who wrote some lines for me in Swedish^_^)

--Tobias