 Robotics / RCX / 1058
1057  |  1059
Subject:
3 Sharp GP2D12 using one input port !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 00:01:52 GMT

Hi all,

It's done. I've got 3 Sharp GP2D12 Infrared Ranger with my RCX using only
one input !
I use Michael Gasperi's Multiplexer
(http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/mux.htm)
and his more general analog interface (3 times ; the one with the opamp)
(http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/gpa.htm)
and a 9 volts battery (6LR61).
(Thanks, Michael for your work on this !)

It works perfect ! I get values between 0 (~10 cm) and 80 (> 80 cm) for all
three Sharps. (I replaced R1 in his circuit with a 10k variable resistor for
fine-tuning)
I'll post a message here when I've got the work on a web page.

I can only highly recommend this ! Okay it's not cheap (one sharp 13.50$ for
example at http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R48-IR12.html) but it's
really worth it !! (it must not be three of them (and no mux) for the beginning)
The left parts are only some $.

Rainer