 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1700
Re: Clearing the firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:03:15 GMT

Rick,
I believe that you take a battery out and turn the thing on, which will
reset it to firmwareless mode. Then you just download the lego firmware to
it as if you had just gotten a new rcx.

Nick

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rick Byers writes:
Hi,
I've just installed LegOS 0.2.5 and its working great!  However, I'd like
to temporarily put the original lego firmware back on.  How do I erase the
legOS firmware so that the ROM bootstrap code will permit the Mindstorms
software to download its firmware?  I've tried removing the batteries (while
the power was still on) but to my surprise the memory wasn't cleared (even
after over 24 hours!).  I've got the RIS 1.5.  Is there some OS function to
reset the RCX to boot-mode?  I'm amazed that leaving the batteries out doesn't
clear it.  The RCX doesn't use FLASH RAM does it?

Thanks,
       Rick