 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1701
Re: Clearing the firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 04:55:14 GMT

Hold the on/off button while pressing run.

Rick Byers <RickB@BigScaryChildren.net> wrote in message
Hi,
I've just installed LegOS 0.2.5 and its working great!  However, I'd like
to temporarily put the original lego firmware back on.  How do I erase the
legOS firmware so that the ROM bootstrap code will permit the Mindstorms
software to download its firmware?  I've tried removing the batteries • (while
the power was still on) but to my surprise the memory wasn't cleared (even
after over 24 hours!).  I've got the RIS 1.5.  Is there some OS function • to
reset the RCX to boot-mode?  I'm amazed that leaving the batteries out • doesn't
clear it.  The RCX doesn't use FLASH RAM does it?

Thanks,
        Rick