 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1712
Re: LegOS and the Downloader....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 04:09:14 GMT

OK, I tried putting a makefile.common in the root directory(it turns out
that I found it in the /util folder). It didn't work. My project folder is
"test" and my file is "test.c", so I replaced the Makefile.common in the
"test" folder with the Makefile file(the one w/o an ext.). Didn't work.
Tried both Makefile.user and Makefile.kernel . Neither worked. I'm beggining
to think that I need to completely wipe my LegOS and everything related with
it and start fresh.

Nick
PS: I have 0.2.5 kernel. Is that worse than 0.2.4? I have different sources
saying one or the other is the most recent.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Nick Howell writes:
I thought that was a little weird that I didn't have a makefile.common in my
root legOS directory! Will it work to just copy it from "/legOS/demo/"? I'm
going to try it. I'll get back soon.
Nick

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Bernardo Dal Seno writes:
"Nick Howell" <nlhowell@twcny.rr.com> writes:

Oh. I just realized that now I get a different error message: "*** No rule
to make target 'test.lx'. Stop.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Nick Howell writes:
Tried. Is there some editing job you're supposed to do on it?
Nick

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Bernardo Dal Seno writes:
"Nick Howell" <nlhowell@twcny.rr.com> writes:

Well, I upgraded my kernel. Now I get a new error message: "***No rule to
make target '../Makefile.common'. Stop"

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you have done, so excuse me if I'm a
little pedantic.  In your root legOS directory you have these files:
Makefile.common and Makefile.user.  Both are coming from the legOS
distribution archive (their length is ca. 3.3K and 1.5K).  You issue the
command "make" or "make all" from the legOS/demo directory.  It's all above
exact?

bye
Bernardo