 Robotics / 7329
RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:51:04 GMT

At 12:40 PM 10/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
At 07:39 PM 9/29/99 GMT, you wrote:
Hey folks,
I tried that mod but the spacing was off for just adding the pulleys. so I
rebuilt it a bit differently.
It is larger now, and not quite so elegant. but it does accomplish the full
stroke goal. I also added two more pumps on the back side and offset the
drive to that pair by 90 degrees. Now it has four pumps happily whooshing
and shuffing along. :-)
There are also two air tanks on top... one is connected to the front pair
of pumps and the other is connected to the back pair. The output of these
are then connected with a tee.
i tossed a few images onto my web page for those interested.

http://www.net-info.com/~dcarlson/comp.htm

Oops!
Ralph, the spacing of your original design works fine with some added
pulleys... and a few extra parts.
I was working from memory late at night and had the angled beams in upside
down.
So, please disregard my earlier post as it works great this way.  :-)
Another neat neat thing about this layout is that there is room within the
beams to tuck the
hoses and tee connectors.

Here are a few pics of the the Quad-Acting version with one air tank.

http://www.net-info.com/~dcarlson/comp2.htm

-Doug