 Robotics / 7220
Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 02:31:05 GMT

Andy Gombos wrote:

So I guess I should use lubricants made especially for plastic and
rubber huh. Else you should probably just leave it alone. I wonder...
How bad will the get screwed up? Anyone know? I mean if you use say
machine oil(what I use) and it will disintegrate the o rings or whatever
in 20 years, but it gets better preformance for those 20 years, the I
think it would be worth it.

Pneumatics have been around for 15 years. Anyone oiled them back in 1984? And also
has some un-oiled ones with them?

Well, one of my cylinders has already been filled with oil. So I'll just have to wait
20 years. Let me see, that'll be 2019.

Why, by then the pumps and cylinders would have disappeared. Replaced, I guess, by
muscle wires and such-like things. (Hope LUGNET will still be around for me to
report).

Maybe I should just go fill the rest of 'em with oil, huh  ;-)

--
C S Soh

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cssoh
... where air is power