 Robotics / 7094
RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:36:47 GMT

The page on compressor comparisons is really informative. I'm
honoured that you felt my design was worthy of testing.

The reason I made it a two stroker was to "balance" the load
on the driving system. Michael Powell's compressor tends to
"lump" along as the pressures get high, while mine seems to
lump at twice the rate :-)

The gears were chosen over the more effective pulley because
it minimised parts and drivetrain issues. I can tell you that
arranging three 24T gears in a compact fashion WAS a bit
of a challenge, as was keeping the compressor together under
pressure.

I hope the images were clear enough to figure out how to put it
together. I had trouble figuring out how to take it apart!

Thanks again for an informative article, and keep on pumpin!

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/compressor>

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>