 Robotics / 7197
Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:22:29 GMT

c s soh wrote:

Andy Gombos wrote:

(Anyone found a safe and effective lubricant for them?)

Set up a pump, a valve, and a cylinder like this.

pump------Valve---------cylnder
                      \__________/

Then put a few drops of oil into each tube AFTER the valve. Turn the valve so the
cylinder goes up, and push the pump. Then set the valve to go down. The pump. The air
pushes the oil into the cylinder, and when you pump it to max pressure, it sort of
forces the oil into all the cracks. I've been doing this for about 3 years, and I
haven't noticed any damage dome to the cylinders.

Any special type of oil?
I've been hesistant about using oil. As I understand it, there is rubber
inside the cylinder and oil affects rubber.
I'll give it a try!
--

I would also restrain from using oil.  If you open a hand pump (the easiest
pneumatic to open) you notice that there is a clear grease lubricating the

-Wes