 Robotics / 7151
RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 17:40:11 GMT

At 07:39 PM 9/29/99 GMT, you wrote:
Hey folks,
I tried that mod but the spacing was off for just adding the pulleys. so I
rebuilt it a bit differently.
It is larger now, and not quite so elegant. but it does accomplish the full
stroke goal. I also added two more pumps on the back side and offset the
drive to that pair by 90 degrees. Now it has four pumps happily whooshing
and shuffing along. :-)
There are also two air tanks on top... one is connected to the front pair
of pumps and the other is connected to the back pair. The output of these
are then connected with a tee.
i tossed a few images onto my web page for those interested.

http://www.net-info.com/~dcarlson/comp.htm

-- Doug

Hello Ralph...

I have built your original compressor from the photos you provide.
I really like its form, rigidity and functionality.  A great design.

Gee, thanks!

I plan to modify mine tonight into a full stroke design as some have
suggested. All you need do is use longer axles and attach the wheels
in front of the two gears.  Add another beam in front at the top and
away you go.

Let me know how this works out. Strangely enough, I have never actually
used the pump do do anything other than test my limit switch.

Here's where I whine and complain about having a good, paying job and
a house, and wife, and great kids, and not enough time for LEGO. Ah well,
if I can make SMALL thinks that work well, and anyone out there
finds it interesting, then I'm a happy guy.

I really wish there was a way to control pneumatics with Mindstorms....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com