 Robotics / 7066
Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:05:38 GMT

Ensio Tammi wrote:

Nice work!

For a while it looks that you could travel back in time using this recording
device, before you realize that the pen draws an arc when the paper doesn't
move ;-).
Could it be possible to add a rotational sensor and datalog the time and
angle to analyse the data numerically?

--
et

Thanks,

Indeed, my first attempt was to use a rotational sensor positioned with
the axle at the pivot point of the lever arm and tried to datalog the
angular movement using DACTA Control Lab. However, the resolution of the
rotation sensor (22.5 degrees) wasn't sensitive enough to measure the
angular change, so it was abandoned.

You're right that the recording method is rather low tech and it draws a
curve - you see this clearly in one of the charts. But it is a
time-tested method that always works!
--
C S Soh

cssoh@singnet.com.sg