 Robotics / 7284
Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:21:40 GMT

I have some of the original pneumatic cylinders with only one inlet. They have been used
for various non Lego uses. While coming back from the dark ages, I have discovered that
all three still work once they have been pumped once by had. They can stick a bit at first
use. This includes the cylinder with blackened edges which had been used as a flame
thrower. This means the petrol/gasoline hasn't done to much harm to the seals. The others
definitely got used with water and those still work OK too. However the 2-way value 2x4
brick with the three inlets has completely given up.

Antony.

C S Soh <cssoh@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:37F97121.D9FBA538@singnet.com.sg...
Ben Williamson wrote:

I, um, have one that was filled with water back then...  *cough*  It
doesn't work so good any more.  ;)

Er, I thought water is "hydrolics".

Anyway, you've advanced our meagre knowledge concerning Lego pneumatics,
namely you've confirmed what doesn't work. But we're still much in the
dark about what will work.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the advice from the official source.

--
C S Soh

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cssoh
... where air is power