 Robotics / 7091
Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:03:29 GMT

c s soh wrote:

Ensio Tammi wrote:

<snipsnip>

Could it be possible to add a rotational sensor and datalog the
time and angle to analyse the data numerically?

<snipsnip>

However, the resolution of the
rotation sensor (22.5 degrees) wasn't sensitive enough to measure
the angular change, so it was abandoned.

That seems easily solved with some extra gears, or am I missing
something? I mean, you could amplify the rotation of the axle by five
(or three, or two) any number of times until the rotation sensor does
pick it up.

Or perhaps you run into trouble with the slack that this approach
creates between all the gears?

Regards,

Johannes.