 Robotics / 7200
Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:40:45 GMT

Wes Matchett wrote:

I would also restrain from using oil.  If you open a hand pump (the easiest
pneumatic to open) you notice that there is a clear grease lubricating the
piston.  I would guess this is some type of silicone product.  I don't think
petroleum oil is the best choice if you want your valves to last a long time.

Thanks, I would certainly want my pneumatics to last.

Wish the pumps and cylinders could come with a little leaflet on their
proper use and care, together with a small tube of the approved
lubricant.

--
C S Soh

cssoh@singnet.com.sg